TUMBLING AROUND MY HEAD THESE PAST WEEKS AND MONTHS WERE THE WORDS, "INFORMATION WAR."
Truly—have you ever seen so much information flying through the airways both publicly and privately? Words shot like bullets to steal, kill, and destroy. Confusion and deception are running wild every which-way! It's like people do not know where to turn and they are running around like crazy people looking for answers! Even Christians.
It reminds me of the "running to and fro" mentioned in Daniel 12. Talking about the end of time God tells us, "Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” Most certainly knowledge has been increasing at a fast and furious pace. But not all knowledge is based on Truth. And knowledge is most definitely not the same as WISDOM.
SO FIRST I ASKED GOD FOR WISDOM
Here I am in the middle of an information war - with information being catapulted and flying all over social media, the international airwaves, and in print. Thoughts find their way inside my head where they ricochet around my tired brain! Most surely I need wisdom.
I ASKED THE LORD—WHAT IS THE WISE THING FOR ME TO DO?
I slowed down, looked up, and begin to sift and separate, sorting through all my thoughts in light of His Truth. Here are the questions I asked myself:
1. What do I know for sure to be absolutely true?
1. God is always in control. Even when things are completely chaotic
He IS in control.
2. I belong to Him and I will trust in Him. No matter what happens to
me on this earth I believe what Paul told the Philippians - "for me to live is Christ and to die is gain."
3. One day all deception will be exposed and Truth will prevail.
2. Is this the end of an era for the US, or might God yet answer
prayers to save our republic?
ON ONE HAND:
1. Many Christians I love and respect feel that God has impressed on them that He will spare the US in 2021.
2. I do not believe that my Savior will arrive on Air Force One! But I
do know that God is God, and He could choose to do anything or to use anyone. (After all, God even spoke to Balaam through his donkey!)
Nothing is impossible for Him. The Bible is filled with examples of God doing the impossible on behalf of His people when they cried out to Him. For example, my God parted the sea for the Israelites when there was no way out; He heard the repentent prayers of Ninevah and witheld his judgement for a season; He caused Haaman's deceit to be exposed and hanged on the very gallows He had prepared for Mordecai. He could choose to do something miraculous for us.
ON THE OTHER HAND:
1. God judges the nations. He always has. He always will. Christ died for my sins and yours, but remember, He did not die for the "sins of a nation." Nations face judgement, and the reality is that the US may be facing judgement. Life could become quite tough for us before He snatches us away. It has been tough for Christians throughout the ages who loved and served the Lord under various governments.
2. I do not see the US mentioned anywhere in scripture as the end
times are described. So we know that the US as we have known it will not be a world super-power in the end times.Perhaps this is the beginning of our nation's fall from grace. As things all around the world are beginning to shift and line up with Biblical prophecy, I can see that this is a legitimate possibility.
3. What will I choose to believe as I watch current events unfold?
I will choose to believe that my faith and hope are in God alone. If God chooses to miraculously spare the US for the time being, it will be in His way and in His timing.
4. What will I choose to do as I watch current events unfold?
1. I will continue to pray for God's mercy on our country — that He would give us more time so that many here and around the world could be saved through this season. I will continue to pray that all lies and deception are revealed. And I ask for revival.
2. I will remind myself that my faith has never been in a man or in a government. I will look to the Lord my God, the Maker of heaven and earth!
3. I will speak the words of Shadrach, Mishah and Abednigo -
"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve IS ABLE to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king.
BUT EVEN IF HE DOES NOT, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."
3. I will always stand for God's principles and not apologize for it—For Truth, for sanctity of life, for God-given freedoms, for love and support of Israel . . .
4. I will remember that my enemy is not other people - not flesh and blood - and I must use the correct weapons to fight my true enemy. (See Accuser, Who told You That?0
5. I will choose to trustin my Lord with all my strength and lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways I will acknowledge Him. He promises that He will direct my path. (Proverb 3: 5,6) As He directs, I will obey.
6. I will welcome the Peace of God inside my heart and mind. (that peace that defies human logic and understanding) I know that His Peace will guard my heart and my mind. (See Shalom in Chaos)